Saturday, April 10, 2010

Bedtime Conversation

Okay, so Olivia is 20 months old so maybe conversation is not really the right word, but that is what it felt like at bed time tonight.

Olivia has a rocking chair in her bedroom, it has been there since before she was born and I used it the whole time she was nursing and to rock her to sleep etc. Since we moved into this house though it has sat mainly unused.
Tonight when Bryce and I took Liv upstairs for bed she decided she wanted to sit with me in the rocking chair for a few minutes before going to bed. How do you say no to a little baby girl who wants to cuddle with you?
So I sat down, put her blanket on my chest, gave her a soother and sat her up on my lap where she laid her head down and was just quiet.
We then talked for a few minutes and I said "I love you" and kissed her on the head. She looked up at me and smiled and I then listed all of the people I could think of that loved her after each name she smiled and said "yeah", we ended with the fact that Heavenly Father and Jesus love her more than anyone else! She seemed pleased by that.
I asked her if we should say night time prayer (a habit we need to make more regular), she nodded and sat up, folded her arms and was quiet for the short prayer.
I asked her if she was ready to go to bed, she nodded yes, gave me a kiss, climbed down off my lap, crawled into bed, gave her puppy and pillow (the pillow case has tinkerbell on it) kisses and laid down. No objections.

I love my daughter...what a sweet sweet girl!

1 comment: